Yes! whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by international communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

[Red] Diamond Back

Interest in the black Diamond Back has been underwhelming, so I think I'll put fenders on it and/or drop the price.

The red Diamond Back isn't nearly so much of a nice bike. Stamped horizontal dropouts and a heavier frame make me sure it's a later model, perhaps made by a holding company who bought the name. Oh well, it's not terrible, and the single-lever STI rapid fires are unusual.


I also collected another donor bike for overhaul, it's a low end Canadian Tire bike. "Falcon" components look like copies of Shimano's cheap stuff, or maybe it is produced under license? I don't know.


It has steel rims (ugh) but very little wear or rust. I will probably tune it up on the cheap and take it to the OBB swap meet.

No comments: