Yes! whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by international communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Arrival of Big Blue

The black Diamond Back did sell after all, although I had to swap the flat bar for risers. No biggie.

The red one is almost done now - I still have to replace the saddle and give it the final adjustments (cantilever brakes are miserable). I found a nice old Ritchey Mega Bite tire for the rear. A bit knobby for city use but very nice in the mud or gravel.

This bike also has odd 18-speed under bar STIs - with a single lever. I don't like them, they are hard to use and slow, but still seem to be pretty accurate.

Also picked up another freebie today - an absolutely gigantic frame. Not sure what's under that blue paint, but I suspect it might be an old Asama or Norco...?

No comments: