Yes! whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by international communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Diamondback #1: 1990 Avenir

To re-do the lettering on the Sekine, I got a gloss black Testor's paint marker and did it freehand. It shows!



My queue was arranged such that a black Diamond Back came before the red one. This one is from 1990, has no decals, and very dated white spatter on black.

I stuck a Trek fork on it and have assembled a motley crew of Shimano components. The crown jewels are the XT thumbies - not in good enough condition to be sold on eBay but certainly good for a 21 speed MTB commuter.


I need to get a decent seatpost for it - the only one I have that fits is a bit small and steel. With all the other alloy components, it deserves better.

A few days back I picked up two freebie bikes - one pretty rough, was abandoned - a Sears-sold Jeep frame. I've cannibalized it for consumables and will likely cut it up for scrap. I don't want to sell another liability!

No comments: