Yes! whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by international communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Bike: Heidemann Vainqueur


A $20 find!  (The seller was asking $17.00 but I talked him up to a 20).

This is a very rare bike, if only because it was originally very cheap.  It's not very light, and not really that good, but I will fix it up and ride it myself.  We'll start with an overhaul and see what else needs attention thereafter - I'm thinking this will make a nice single-speed conversion.

There's not much info out there about Vainqueur / Heidemann - just that they were low-end bike boom bikes from Europe.  Looks like this is a German frame with French components and an Italian saddle.

In other news, the Fiori San Remo is finished (aside from some paint touch-ups) and I am now overhauling a tank-like Norco Mountaineer.  Also from 1985, the Mountaineer is the other end of Norco's lineup, and it shows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey BRM ,I have the same bike color and all. I got the bike new as a gift from my dad in the 70's. I rode the wheels off the bike. I still have it but it needs to be redone. It looks kind of sad now but its original paint with all the stickers. Any help with info on it I would appreciate. Thanks