Yes! whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by international communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I have a problem


I got another bike today. Also $10, this time it is a Raleigh Transit - made in Canada, very low-end (but still pretty). Single speed, coaster brake, imitation Brooks sprung saddle. It has proper 26 x 1-3/8 tires, too, befitting a roadster or city bike.

It will take some cleaning up, so I'm keeping it inside until I have time to put on WD-40 on anything that could get rusty (or rustier).

I also finally finished off the Norco Mountaineer - lots of new parts, hoping to get $160 for it. I'll probably have to drop the price, though, because...

Next bike in the queue: a Nakamura "Grinder" hardtail MTB. I'm aiming to sell this one for $100, so nothing fancy on it- vee brakes, lots of used parts, 24 speeds.

No comments: