Yes! whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by international communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Nunu Bibike


One of my longer-running projects is a 2000 Kona Nunu that I got for a song. The previous owner described it as "rode hard and put away wet" and he was very right.

It was basically a frame and wheels; everything else was broken or worn out. I finally hung a new old (repainted, heavy) steel crankset on it and it's now ready-ish.

I would have like to have got new chainwheels but that would add $100 to a $200 bike. I might still try to get a set of Alivio or entry-level Truvativ cranks, but if these ones work then we're good.
I also spent some quality time with Bici II, building up a new 7-speed solid axle rear wheel and swapping out the tiny SPDs for combo platform-SPD pedals. Now I can ride with boots, which will be nice for the cold weather.

No comments: