Yes! whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by international communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

They cometh, and they goeth away


I got an old Giant Innova for $30 the other day. It's got 700c wheels and a lightweight cromoly frame - it will become a commuter for a co-worker (to replace his "iron-side" hybrid that weighs more than him)

Sold the 5-speed Raleigh, and the Fiori, in a flurry of activity today. I'm glad to see the Fiori go, even though it was a nice bike and a decent conversation piece.

I am negotiating another trade deal - a comfortable hybrid/MTB for a Gardin racer. Hope it works out for all involved; my offerings are either a built-up complete bike using the Sasquatch frame, or the readymade Kuwahara my sister-in-law-to-be-probably was riding. She's gone back to Australia (with my brother-in-law-for-real), and doesn't need the bike any more.

Also on the go right now - rigging new dropouts for an old Chariot trailer. It's more difficult than first expected! More on that later, once it's done...

No comments: